Saturday, December 7, 2013

Chandy's Skin Magic Bar Soap



Needed a project today as the hubby is away hunting for the entire day and I did not feel like cleaning the house (it really needs it!).  So, I have a bunch of lard, coconut oil and Lye.  I have been stocking up and building my essential oil supply and decided I would make some  SUPER SOAP!  

Just finished putting my soap into their molds. This batch is going to be called "Chandy's Skin Magic Bars" as I researched and then combined ingredients to get the type of soap I desired. It is an all natural gentle exfoliating, skin soothing/calming, antibacterial, moisturizing bar soap that should lather-up rather nicely. My recipe makes just over 5 lbs of soap.  I have been purchasing my Therapeutic Essential Oils, carrier oils and some of my other supplies from a wonderful company called Bulk Apothecary
Using the Cold Process method the Lye gets mixed into the Milk and the oils are all heated together in a pan. 
Allow the Lye/Milk solution to cool and once the oils are mixed they need to cool. 
Do not mix the two solutions together until they each cool to 110 degrees F.  Then mix the Lye solution into the oil until they reach trace. That is when you mix the other good stuff together and then pour into your molds. Wrap the molds well to keep as much heat around them for 2-3 days until set-up (solid) enough to be able to remove them and cut into bars if bulk molding. Allow bars to cure for 2-3 weeks.   

Ingredients:
30 fluid oz. of Milk
11.73 oz. of pure Lye (NaOH)
32 oz. of Coconut Oil
32 oz. of Lard
8 oz. of Grapeseed Oil
8 oz. of Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
At trace the following ingredients get added:
1 tbs. Honey, 1/2 tbs. cinnamon, 1/4 cup ground oats, 2 tbs. ground rosemary, 1/2 tbs. cocoa powder.

Essential Oils: 45 drops Clove oil, 35 drops Lemon oil, 20 drops Cinnamon oil, 10 drops Eucalyptus oil, 10 drops Rosemary oil, 10 drops Lavender oil


I hope that I added the Essential Oils late enough that their scents will not evaporate. I hope that the scents remain so that I use the soaps and Breath in their beauty and they bring me peace of mind and Wisdom!

By the way...one of my other REASONS is going to have her own REASON in June!!!  I will need to make her up a couple Body Moisturizing Bars with Shea Butter.  I can not wait to make natural soap for the little REASON!  Oh how my family is growing  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment