Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Today is a new day.  Actually, every day is a new day.  I woke up today and decided to resurrect this blog.  I hope that it takes on a new life.  What has happened since I last wrote anything here?  Well, a lot!  I have 6 beautiful grandchildren!  4 spirited little girls and 2 energetic little boys.  I love them all for their own personalities.  I have dropped down my work hours to 3 days a week in the office and 2 days a week as a companion for my littles.  Financially and physically this is a challenge.  I have a condition called Ehlers-Danlos which has taken quite a toll on my body.  Presently, I am awaiting a significant spinal surgery on my neck to stabilize spinal stenosis at the C4-C7 levels compressing up to 50% of my spinal canal.  This stenosis causes symptoms of neuropathy, pain and limits my physical abilities such as driving and lifting.  I am certain that I will share more about this in future posts.  I am blessed that I have a very helpful family that drives me to and from work and appointments and helps with chores around the house.  I suspect that in the near future, I will need to quit my work outside of the home as every day it gets harder and harder to get through my work day due to the pain.  For now, I am thankful that I am able to push through it.

Today has been a trying day, with two of my grandchildren constantly getting at each other.  I bribed them with baking brownies if they ate their lunch and did not harm each other.  This was a success until the brownies were done baking and there was nothing more to bribe them with.

Well, tomorrow is another day and it will be great in it's own right.


No comments:

Post a Comment